Thursday, August 8, 2013

Nom nom nom

I usually get some treats for my monkies when picking them up from the camp. 2 weeks ago, I decided to try out the cupcakes place that I often pass by - Dolled Up Cakecakes at Meadowvale Town Centre. I got 6 mini-ones... rainbow, vanilla, chocolate, key lime, cookies & cream and banana. They all tasted good and my fav was the key lime. My monkies loved the rainbow 'coz all 7 colors were layered nicely instead of getting mixed together. Since then, I always wanna go back for more. Of course, my belly asks me to better behave :P
 
Daddy monkey has reached his 1 year milestone at his current job this week, and he's pretty excited about it. So I've decided to celebrate it with a couple of cupcakes. Hee... got a good excuse. Today, I got the toasted coconut and raspberry bliss... nom nom nom... Most of the cupcakes out there got really sugary icing, but this place doesn't. I would say this place is better than the famous one located at FCP downtown.
 
Before they went into our tummy, I did a few fun shots of the cupcakes. Still remember from my Small Product course that cupcakes and donuts are the two difficult items to shoot - swirls, holes, cuppies, etc. They all create shadows and it's not easy to get rid of them.
 
Below are my shots in 2 different styles. What do you think?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment